Monday 13 July 2009

Mega Catch Up !!!

Hi Everyone.
I can't believe it is more than 3 weeks since I last posted anything on here. I have been mega busy, see, and the time has flown by.
When I last posted on here Kate and I were just off to Venice for a three day City Break, I am pleased to report that we had a really good time, the weather was kinder than the forecast and Venice it self exceeded our expectations. We walked miles, made good use of the waterbuses, visiting the Islands of Murano and Burano as well as Venice it-self, and took hundreds of photos, which now need scrapping, and I have the journal I started before we went, to finish.

As we had booked an evening flight, our first views of Venice were at Sunset (From the plane) as we flew into Marco Polo Airport. It was getting quite dark by the time we had retrieved our luggage and were ready to leave the airport.

Before we left the airport we purchased 2 day tourist tickets for the Buses and Waterbuses and asked directions for getting to "Arsenale" the area of Venice where our hotel was located. We were told to get a bus to Plaza De Roma and then to get the Waterbus to Arsenale. This resulted in our first proper views of Venice being as we travelled down the Grand Canal by night. It was magical as all the buildings and waterfront Restaurants etc were lit up. We later discovered that we could have taken a different waterbus, direct from the airport to Arsenale, which would have been quicker but we would have missed out on "Venice by Night". Unfortunately my camera was still packed away......

Next day, we got down to some serious sightseeing.


As well as such famous Venetian Landmarks as St Marks Square, The Rialto Bridge and The Doges Palace, we visited the Island of Murano which is famous for it's Venetian Glass
and Burano, famous for it's Lace Industry and the colourful cottages which line the Canals.




The three days flew by, and Wednesday night saw us flying back into East Midlands Airport..... and already planning our next trip.
Thursday 24th of June saw us at the Lincolnshire County Show on a scorching hot day, supporting my youngest daughter, who was riding in her riding club team for the first time at such a huge event. The team were knocked out in the first round, but Emily really enjoyed the experience and is hoping to get into the team again next year.
Friday and Saturday saw Kate and I at our local Scrapbooking Shop Running With Scissors helping out as tea girls and shop assistants, as well as scrapping and cropping, because Tracey's Dad who normally helps out when she is teaching, was away on a cruise for 2 weeks.
We had a house full at the weekend too, Lucy, Emily's best friend at school, came for a sleepover Friday night and my eldest daughter, Ashlea and her partner Dan also came to stay for the weekend. They took Emily and Lucy to Lightwater Valley for the day on the Saturday and they all had a great time.
On the Monday I finally found time to unpack and have a sort out....before work on Tuesday and Wednesday, how on earth I ever used to work full time, I just don't know.
A quietish day on Thursday was followed by two more days combining the joys of scrapping with being a tea girl and shop assistant....it really has been good fun helping out...and more visitors at the weekend.
Monday was catch up day once again, followed by working with my NVQ Candidates on Tuesday and writing up my observations on Wednesday, combined with writing lists of things to buy and equipment to pack for our long awaited Craft Retreat with friends at The Viking Centre Claxby.......more of which in my next post.
I'm exhausted just thinking about the last two weeks....lol..... think I need another holiday
See you all later
Bee xx

1 comment:

  1. Fab photos, looks like you and Kate had a great time. The colours on those buildings look fabulous.

    What kind of NVQ's do you assess?

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete