Monday 27 July 2009

Hi Everyone.

Sorry I've been a bit quiet on here the last few days, I have been busy crafting,and using the cricut, but as the projects I've been working on are for future Tuesday Taggers Challenges, so I can't show you what I've been up to yet...... and that feels quite strange..... but I am sure I will get used to it, besides it is unusual for everything I make to be geared around TT challenges. The reason that I am getting a bit ahead of myself at the moment is because I am off on holiday in a few weeks to Brittany, and want to have made my pieces for the challenges that are on whilst I am away, before I go.

There is one exception though, that I can share with you.......
This 12" x 12" Canvas which I have made for this weeks Tuesday Taggers "Recycled Wall Hanging" Challenge.



The canvas background has been painted with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Colours and a baby wipe, one of my favourite get messy techniques...lol...learnt from Dylan at Art From The Heart.

The main piece consists of some open weave hessian mounted onto grey chipboard and sprayed with glimmer mist "Suede" through a lovely swirly glimmer mask, although this doesn't show up very well in the photo..

The corugated cardboard was coloured first with distress inks and then with Distress Crackle Paint in Weathered Wood and Aged Mahogany.

The Crafty Individuals swirly mini frame was also coloured with distress inks before being given a liberal coat of Weathered Wood Distress Crackle Paint.

The photo, in the frame, is one of my own, but was taken on a dull day so I have used distress inks in Tattered Rose and Broken China to give a sunset feel to the picture.

The words on the corrugated cardboard and Frame have been stamped onto tissue paper and then applied with PVA glue.

The individual words mounted on the hessian were from my computer and then coloured and mounted on card.

I have finished the piece off with some jewellery twine and glass beads, a couple of tags and a bit of Idea-ology metal (pin and sentiment tag).

I hope you like it.
Bee xx

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic work Bee - love everything! cant wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Bee, love the sentiment, well love the whole thing actually.

    Love, Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing canvas Barbara, unfortunately the last one you will be able to enter as we've grabbed your talent for ourselves!!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us on Tuesday Taggers
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous as always and LOADS of yummy techniques.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely canvas Bee, I love the sentiment too. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your canvas bee,all the things you do are so nice. maz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely as ever Bee. Can't wait to see your future work for TT's. Thanks for joining us this week. Emma xx

    ReplyDelete