Tuesday 13 October 2009

Still in an Autumnal Mood.

Hi everyone.
The weather here in Lincolnshire continues to be bright and sunny, although an autumnal chill has begun to creep in and as well as glorious sunsets we are now getting some lovely misty mornings. The tree colour is still good, although the leaves are falling fast. We have just managed to get the grass seed sown in 3 acres of land that we have bought adjoining our garden and hopefully the workmen are arriving today to start on the fencing, I am really looking forward to choosing and planting trees and hedgerow plants to give us more autumn colour in the future.

Over at Tuesady Taggers this week the design team are still in an autumnal mood too, our challenge this week is to use a digital stamp to create our projects. We have all used the same image (A cute little Harvest Mouse) by Teri at Delicious Doodles, for our projects.

My Harvest Mouse takes pride of place on the cover of a little Pink Pig Notebook.

First I downloaded the image, decided what size I wanted it to be and printed it out onto copypaper, I then coloured it in using Copic Markers and cut it out. I used perfect medium and two coats of clear embossing to make my mouse more durable. To create the background I applied tea dye and walnut stain distress inks directly to the edges of the green mulberry paper covered board and stamped random leaves using shabby shutters distress ink ink and the acorn stamp from stampin up using walnut stain distress ink.
I tied two pieces of ribbon around the cover and then added a mat made from card covered with frayed burlap and inked with glimmer mists. I placed my Mouse on top of the Burlap mat and added glass beads adhered with diamond glaze around his feet. The end result has a real tactile quality with lots of different textures.

Thanks Teri for giving us the image toplay with, I have really enjoyed this challenge.

Bee xx

4 comments:

  1. A brilliant project Bee he is sooo cute x Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic little book Bee, love the mouse on the hessian and those acorns finish it off perfectly.
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fantastic job with my little Mousey! Thank you so much!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, Bee - love it and the way you've kept a rustic feel to it! I also love your contribution to Tuesday Taggers - that one really is incredibly stunning! Must admit to being somewhat confused by seeing 'anything but tags' there but it's a treat to see your work :)

    ReplyDelete